Adapted from Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods, Author: Julie Mayfield, published 2013
Makes 2 to 3 dozen
2 cups of Almond Flour
4 teaspoons of olive oil
1 large egg
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1-2 Tablespoons minced dried herbs
Suggestions: Rosemary, oregano, thyme, dill, basil, or tarragon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Roll out the dough in between 2 pieces of parchment paper until it is about ¼ inch thick or as desired.
4. Remove the top piece of parchment paper only and use a knife or pizza wheel to cut the dough into about 1 inch size rectangle or square shapes of your choice. No need to separate the dough pieces as they will nicely break away after baking.
5. Transfer the parchment paper with the dough shapes to a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan and bake for 10-15 minutes watching carefully to prevent burning. Remove them from the oven when golden brown and cool before breaking them into individual crackers.
Notes: TWIHW Yeast Free diet approved. Will keep in an airtight container for a few days. Dough could also be used as a pizza crust.
Note from Dr. McManus-I’ve made a couple of batches so far and thought 2 TBS rosemary was better than 1 TBS. I also added some fresh minced garlic, and cracked a little salt on top before placing in the oven. They were very well received by all!