This arugula salad recipe is as good as the ones served in restaurants.
• 3 Cups Arugula
• ½ Apple, cut into small cubes
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 2 ounces, Italian Prosciutto, chopped
• 1 Tablespoon Pine nuts (roasted if desired)
• Juice of one lemon
• 2 Tablespoons of cold pressed Olive Oil
• 1/8-teaspoon pepper
Place all ingredients in a salad bowl and lightly toss with olive oil and lemon juice. Think out of the box and consider this as a breakfast option or enjoy in a traditional way as a side to dinner. Shaved Pecorino Romano sheep cheese would be a tasty addition.
Submitted by; Nancy Mehlert, M.S.