Struggling with getting vegetables into diet? Vegetables need to be a large part of our diet but most of us struggle to eat 5-7 servings every day. This salad is easy to prepare ahead in large quantity and then enjoy during the week. It keeps well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
• ½ bag broccoli slaw
• 1 C baby spinach leaves
• 1 C chopped kale (trim away veins, keeping curly leaves, then chop into small bits)
• 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
• ½ bell pepper diced
• 2 celery stalks, sliced
• 15 sugar snap peas, sliced
• 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup dried cranberries
• ½ cup whole raw almonds or walnuts
• ½ cup beans (kidney, black or garbanzo)
• 2 T Bragg Organic 24 spice sprinkle
Place all ingredients in a 9-10 cup storage container and refrigerate. Top with your favorite dressing. Avocado, olives and/or feta cheese can be added when serving.