Since this is the month to celebrate love, we thought it would be nice to share nine ways that sex (once a week) can benefit your health:
1. Fewer colds due to an increase in IgA, an antibody that fights infection
2. Women can get more predictable periods because of exposure to male pheromones
3. A better physical response to stress
4. Lower blood pressure
5. Lower your bad cholesterol and increase your good cholesterol
6. Help tone your abs, gluts and pretty much any muscle in your body
7. Natural increases in estrogen improve the appearance of your hair, skin and nails
8. Improve your memory due to increased blood flow to your brain
9. Increased feelings of motivation due to the release of endorphins Sex has also been found to boost self-esteem and improve intimacy in your relationship.
This is due to increased levels of oxytocin, the “love” hormone, which helps you feel bonded to your partner.